After spending weeks knitting your new jumper or scarf, you’re now faced with a new challenge: how to care for it. We all know that super soft knitwear needs a little extra love when it comes to cleaning, so to make loving easier here’s the WATG care guide.
1. Fill a clean sink with lukewarm water, making sure it is not too hot as you don’t want your wool to shrink.
2. Add some wool detergent, we love Soak! It’s specially formulated for cleaning knitwear and you don’t need to worry about rinsing. Soak also smells amazing!
3. Give your knits a gentle squeeze and soak, try not to wring out your wool as this can cause damage to the yarn and shape.
4. When you’re ready, take out your knitwear and lay it flat onto a towel, after this roll it up to press out the water.
5. Lay your knitwear flat onto a new fresh towel. You may see a few ‘bobbles’ appear on your knits after a couple of wears. Bobbling or pilling is a natural process and happens due to friction. But don’t panic, they are really easy to remove. You can use a wool shaver or comb to remove them. If you don’t have either of these you can borrow an old-school hair roller from your nan.